Featured Post

THE TRUE MEANING OF LOVE - GOD BLESS THE CHILD

GOD BLESS THE CHILD THAT'S GOT IT'S OWN  (LOVE) Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arr...

Thursday, November 17, 2005

JUST FREEING MY MIND

Mother, mother, there's too many of you cryin - brother, brother, brotha there's far too many of you dyin, You know we got to find a way to bring some lovin here today.... Father, father we don't need to escalate you see war is not the answer - for only love can conquer hate...... We gotta find a way to bring some understanding here today... Talk to me so you can see What's Goin On....
Marvin Gaye 1971 (Song whats Going On - from the Album What's Going On)

JUST FREEING MY MIND - When this idea came to me it sounded off loudly yeah right a blog site - then my head told me do it with the help of a friend because you both get so much information and you been through enough - I surely can be a vessel share with your sisters and brothers; I didn't have any knowledge of how to start a blog, but I then took it to another level and spoke it out loud a friend and co-worker who had one for family members and kicked the idea around with an email buddy. I Couldn't stop thinking about it. All God inspired ideas or plans never make sense to the world outside of the people whom he chooses for instance, if you ponder on how he used the great leaders like when he told Abraham he would be a father at 99 years old and his wife Sara was having a baby past child bearing years, she laughed inside of herself because it didn't make any sense. But God had a plan and Sarah had a baby. Moses a fugitive from Egypt went back into that nation to save a nation, Noah building an Ark all those years during a period of time when it had never rained upon the earth. Folks thought they actually lost their mind and laughed. But GOD had a plan then and he still moving now, sincerely I don't have a clue where all this is going but my prayer is that this blog site be a open vehicle a vessel to inspire and enlighten all my Brothers and Sisters, young and old in the community even outside of the community. Wisdom has no boundaries and I certainly don't have all the answers. I learned a long, long time ago that you never know from where your help will come.

The Millions More Movement made me reflect on my contribution to the Black community as I sat and watched on CSPAN less than 20 miles away from the event... They were kicking the statistics and some of them I already knew. But this is a tiny contribution on my part I know I can do more and pray for GOD to stretch my portion and make me able to give more back to a community that raised me up. I don't have much wealth (yet), very meager means so I have to be creative and pray for direction of my purpose. Right or Wrong with all my assets and defects I am a reflection of my family.

KICKIN THE STATISTICS
I am blown away by factors festering inside our culture seeking to destroy it. Our brothers and sisters incarceration number is higher than any other culture in the U.S.A. They are doing time inside these Corporate Prisions some have Life sentences on 3 strikes violations for petty drug crimes, who can't afford good legal counsel and many of them committed these crimes out of hopelessnes, addictive behavior or some form of mental illness. Now these Corporate prisons trading on the NYSE have a new form of slavery - corporate slavery. Some of us more fortunate take our freedom for granted while others take the bait likes rats to cheese....Can't get a decent job sling some dope/sell some sex committ some other crime and land in jail end up right back as a repeat offender. Then some of our parents groom their children and cling to the dream of getting out of the ghetto by throwing a ball, bouncing a ball or a snappin a big booty on a music video, singing, or rappin as a means for seeking fortune and fame. Let's go a little deeper if none of that works out let's take the easy way out getting high to escape what we really feeling go to the club or the go go, trying hook up with a so called playa or baller etc... It doesn't matter who you are this affects all of us...Unwed mothers rate the highest among OUR young sisters in the Black community. Ignoring this new down low brothers issue, Lord knows how many men exist who ain't gonna tell it out of ridicule and shame. HIV/Aids/STD's are at a all time high among Black women between the ages of 15-35 in our community. We spend an average of 600+ Billion dollars in the market place, yet we have the highest unemployment rates and drop out rates in the nation inside our urban communities. We have the lowest SAT and test scores in our educational schools systems nation wide. We have the highest numbers for single parent households suburbs and urban communities. We also have the highest divorce rate too, the Christian community ranks highest amongst divorcees. So I'm not doing this blog just for me, but for my family who doesn't always love you back. But are sometimes the one's who hurt us the most for lack of moral support. It's easier to watch folks crash and burn then say things like "Awe I knew that __ wasn't gonna make out", but in spite of all that danced in my head...I challenged myself not to care about what none of y'all thought or how loudly you may laugh, about participation or lack of thereof.... I forged ahead.

I didn't make this information up (although I don't have exact numbers up that's the simplistic dummy downed version of the statistics). This is what made me wanna holler but nobody's listening... Why do black enterprises fail end up selling out for profit? How come we don't buy or support black owned businesses? Why don't we have black leaders in the top echelons of the polictical structure? Why is there McDonald's Restaurants and other fast food carryouts saturating our neighborhoods? Why don't we ever come together as one voice and stop blaming others for our shortcomings?

During the black renaissance period Madam CJ Walker was one of the first black female entrepreneurs, and a millionaire. They were many affluent blacks prior to the depression, in spite of what was going on down south. We always had that problem with complexioned vs. The other complexion, good hair vs. nappy hair. Still in spite of all of that once upon a time we were unified as a black nation prior to the late 50's up until around 1964. Then we got mad as hell and decided we were not gonna take it anymore. Ok now we got some civil rights, and some voting rights but we lost some values in the process. We once helped a brother or sister when they were down until they were able to get up on their feet we clothed each other, we feed each other, we sacrificed for one another - and just plain loved each other. That's how those people accomplished so much during that period. Folks migrated from the south didn't always have a roof over their head, left families behind to start fresh in the north. The erosion came after the civil rights act and the voting rights act was passed. Our community was deliberately targeted to be destroyed. Their were organizations in the late 1960's that tried to pull us together. Why did they fail? In my lonely opinion because No one stood together with them and most decent and respectable blacks believed the hype and the propaganda driven by those that sought to divide us and the news media.


WHY DID I DO THIS
These are some of the issues/questions that have puzzled me for quite some time, we will go out and spend major bucks on cosmetics and material items to impress folks and equate that with our intelligence or financial stature turn right around frown on the brother struggling with the drug addiction, eating out of trash cans begging for nickels and dimes for a pint of WildIris Rose. How many of us stop and ponder the thought "But for the grace of GOD there go I." How many of us stretch ourselves by giving to without expecting something in return even the pat on the old back? Not bashing because I am not guilt free but We use the noun Nigga without thinking sometimes - around folks who ain't skin to us and watch them take offense of our using the term. I realize we have our way of expression akin to speaking a foreign language - it's called profanity we speak it fluently. We know when to use it and when not to, not all of us but many of us. Our children use that as a second language, not many of our children are taught or encouraged to speak other languages like French, Spanish, Latin... Now we not talking about our familes who moved away from the ghetto way out into the upper middle class suburbs to the good life (even the Jefferson's stayed in town on the east side). LOL Some of our affluent/elite have managed to provide a different environment for their fourth and fifth generations. But what about the one's who just can't get it quite right - the son's and daughter's rely on military, government grants, student loans, and have average SAT scores... Who can't escape generational curses....When are we gonna stop and realize that we are one! Black family in America I don't care who you are including Bob Johnson to Oprah Winfrey no matter how you got here 10% of black DNA makes you 100% BLACK. I heard my Bishop say everybody who skin to me ain't kin to me.... Well, ok., but we still have to keep the faith and extend our love to some who might be incapable or unwilling to give it back. Prayer goes a long way, but we including myself can do much more. GOD made us that way, remember we are the culture who invented making a way out of no way.

So I don't know about you but I really reject the idea that we are jealous, sneaky, selfish, self-seeking, lazy, greedy, can't trust them to do a honest day's labor, etc.... You know what "they say" a worthless bunch of people. Taking from the screenwriter/author Mario Puzio who wrote the line in the script of Godfather Part I the scene: the meeting called by Don Corleone - the Don from Kansas City made a comment I have no objection about opening up the drug trade, but keep it away from the schools keep it respectable put it in the dark neighborhoods the line was "They're animals anyway, who cares if they lose their souls." Well I CARE!!!!!

I announced this blog site and truly am depending on regular input from a few folks whom I still believe have a vision much to offer in terms of broadening the scope getting our focus back towards unity. Nothing is impossible for GOD with his guidance and your help we can take an assessment of ourselves, our progress, or lack thereof. By sharing with each other. I have some received positive comments and I am encouraged.

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS
Let me define what I mean by contributions it not for MONEY, this is a free site.... OK Contributions = YOUR INPUT, KNOWLEDGE, INSIGHT, POETRY, CRITIQUE'S, INFO ABOUT INVESTMENTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE FINANCES, HOW DO I QUALIFY TO BUY A HOME WITH POOR CREDIT, TELL ME HOW TO CLEAN UP CREDIT, DO YOU SPONSOR A PROGRAM GIVING A SEMINAR OR CLASS ABOUT THIS, etc... Some of us have more degrees than a thermometer have attended the best Historical Black Colleges money can buy and have amassed great wealth, may have never suffered a day; then their are some who have hard knocks degrees PHD survivor's have gone through a storm or two or three, infidelity, addictions of all kinds, bankruptcy.. My input is just one view, if we all are sharing, commenting on topics some of you may have a broader insight and better perspectives about how we can get there. Well, tell us how you made it through to have a successful lives/lifestyle... What can you do to help your brother or sister who might feel hopeless find hope? You can shine a light offer some guidance in many areas. Can you help somebody improve their relationship with GOD, finances, start a business, maybe buy real estate? Or come closer to trusting/belief in GOD just by your testimony. This is what OUR BLOG is about.... Last night, I entered the empowering spirits blogger and linked to the WORD Urban Network Live, backed out and clicked on the link to Capitol News website and watched a replay of the Rosa Parks Homegoing Service in Detroit on NOV 2 that I missed. The links promote black owned businesses and urban websites. News and Politics that affect us.

Well, I guess I'll be like old Noah and all my folks, ( whom I love very much), who may tune in for today's blogger and probably say "awe Shelle too serious about this blog site," but check this out.... If don't none of y'all comment, My faith is so strong I have an assignment to fulfill. I'm going to keep posting each and everyday and if I don't help but one living soul it will be for the good and the Glory of GOD. I am seeking no gratification, it's not too much to ask and to some maybe seems like a waste of time. "What good can this do, what do she expect to accomplish." This is my response to my skeptics "I've been Blessed beyond measure, exceedingly and abudantly whatever I could ask or think, imagine - VERY Much - To much is given, much is required". end quote! Like the old hymn goes "If I can help somebody then my living shall not be in vain."

I'm praying for my entire family not just the seeds produced from my body, but that we all prosper beyond measure to become whole. Black seeds keep on growning......So don't ever say nobody cares because that just wouldn't be true. JESUS loves you and so do I.

Peace & Blessings
submitted by Shelle
_______________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
Criticism of Voting Law Was Overruled By Dan Eggen
excerpt from Washington Post 11/17/05
A team of Justice Department lawyers and analysts who reviewed a Georgia voter-identification law recommended rejecting it because it was likely to discriminate against black voters, but they were overruled the next day by higher-ranking officials at Justice, according to department documents. The Justice Department has characterized the "pre-clearance" of the controversial Georgia voter-identification program as a joint decision by career and political appointees in the Civil Rights Division. Republican proponents in Georgia have cited federal approval of the program as evidence that it would not discriminate against African Americans and other minorities. But an Aug. 25 staff memo obtained by The Washington Post recommended blocking the program because Georgia failed to show that the measure would not dilute the votes of minority residents, as required under the Voting Rights Act. The memo, endorsed by four of the team's five members, also said the state had provided flawed and incomplete data. The team found significant evidence that the plan would be "retrogressive," meaning that it would reduce blacks' access to the polls. A day later, on Aug. 26, the chief of the department's voting rights section, John Tanner, told Georgia officials that the program could go forward. "The Attorney General does not interpose any objection to the specified changes," he said in a letter to them. Eric Holland, a Justice Department spokesman, said in a statement this week that "disagreements are healthy in a debate" and that voting rights decisions are made "after reviewing both the pros and cons very carefully."

"All individual data indicates that the state\'s African-American citizens are, if anything, slightly more likely than white citizens to possess one of the necessary forms of identification," Moschella wrote to Sen. Christopher S. Bond (R-Mo.) in defense of the department\'s decision. State Sen. Bill Stephens, a Republican who helped win passage of the legislation, said the Justice Department\'s approval was vital because of the restrictions faced by Georgia under the Voting Rights Act. "That is the most crucial part of any elections legislation we pass," said Stephens, who is a candidate for secretary of state. "We know we have to await the Justice Department\'s pre-clearance of virtually anything we do." State Rep. Tyrone L. Brooks Sr., a Democrat and president of the Georgia Association of Black Elected Officials, said he was not surprised by the Justice Department\'s position in the case. "Some of my colleagues told me early on that, because of politics in the Bush administration, no matter what the staff recommendation was, this would be approved by the attorney general," Brooks said. "It\'s disappointing that the staff recommendation was not accepted, because that has been the norm since 1965."
for entire article see www.washingtonpost.com
_____________________________________

6777 W. KiestBoulevard,Dallas,TX75236
214-331-0954Voice
214-333-9130Fax



PLEASE JOIN BISHOP AND MRS. T. D. JAKES FOR HARVEST WEEK 2005 LIVE AT THE POTTER'S HOUSE
...with special guests Bishop Paul Morton, Bishop Joseph Garlington and Bishop Luther Blackwell and special music by Fred Hammond.
Or, join us online at http://www.thepottershouse.org/?event=harvestweek for this event.
Let us reflect on...
Sunday, November 20 8:00 a.m. & 11:30 a.m. with Luther Blackwell
Tuesday, November 22 7:00 p.m. with Joseph Garlington
Wednesday, November 23 7:00 p.m. with Paul Morton
Thursday, November 24 10:00 a.m. with Bishop T. D. Jakes

Let us give thanks for our family, friends, and loved ones and reflect on all of God's many blessings!

BishopT.D. JakesPastorFounder
"We are the Voice and the Hand that encourage people to change their lives with hope, comfort and peace."

*****************
Your comments and contributions are welcome or send us email.
WE CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU - WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Click on Comments icon
Then tag box for OTHER/ANONYMOUS
Send Comments





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You girl, once again a very enlighting peace. You have my support and I will pass on. We should be supportive of each other in all of our endeavors.



SOP